Greetings all! I have been off-line far too long…but the Lord has brought me a beautiful new (to me) computer with one of those screens that doesn’t hurt my eyes! It’s wonderful, but now comes the learning curve. So if we have some strange occurrences on the blog, you know why!
1,000 churches on JOY in 2014!
This is the challenge we have given ourselves. Can we do it? With your help…yes! On the last Round Table one item that surfaced was, how do you go about becoming a facilitator for Connexus. I thought it would be helpful to post the process:
- Begin with a Joy Starts Here study group. It does not have to be very big and can be in your home or the church. Just a few friends getting together. There is no advanced training needed.
To purchase click here: http://www.joystartshere.com/shop/
- If you do not have a developed relationship with leadership (new to the community) work on building relationships with influencers within the church. It may be the pastor but do not limit yourself to just talking to him about starting Joy Starts Here group. A Sunday School teacher already has credibility with leadership and it might be easier to establish trust with them or a deacon, etc. while continuing to build relationship with the pastor.
- As you work through the book, taking the evaluations as you go, people get a taste of joy and begin to self assign themselves to the appropriate next step…either Restarting or Foundations. They realize that they live in a low joy environment and might be lacking in skills, so Restarting seems the way to go. Or, they realize they are pretty comfortable in their environments and want to pursue intimacy with the Lord, which means they would fit better in Forming.
- Obtain a license to run Connexus classes. For information on facilitator training go to http://www.joystartshere.com/connexus-plus/
- Begin Restarting and Forming from those who completed Joy Starts Here.
- Bring the two groups together in Belonging and build a joy filled community with the weak and strong together.
- Celebrate and repeat! We can infect our communities with joy. Let’s do it!
If your church would like to have an event to introduce the concept of joy in our lives, be sure to contact our office (below)—and talk to us. We’d also enjoy meeting you at the Round Tables. You can find the schedule here.
Surprise Announcement–Watch for it in the coming in the November newsletter! Jim Martini has a secret…and he isn’t telling anyone!
October Events–Chris will be traveling and ministering through the rest of this month. Your prayers a much appreciated for his health issues. Sitting and standing are challenging, and that is most of what he is doing this month. Chiropractic therapy is helping. We are praising God.
November Round Tables–Tuesday, November 4th, 12pm EST. East Coast Roundtable. Tuesday, November 18th, 3pm EST. West Coast Roundtable. Register.
May your joy be full, Chris & Carol
Chris Coursey, MA Theology – Author, Speaker and Thrive Trainer, www.thrivetoday.org
Twitter – @coursey_chris
Carol A. Brown, Author of The Mystery of Spiritual Sensitivity and Highly Sensitive www.fromgodsheart.com
Carol’s email – email@example.com